Carrot cake is a cake which contains carrots. It is mixed with batter. The carrot softens in the cooking process, and the cake usually has a soft, dense texture. The carrots themselves enhance the flavor, texture, and appearance of the cake.
150 grams of brown sugar
100 ml oil
200 grams finely grated carrot
50 grams walnuts
75 grams finely chopped pineapple (fresh or canned)
50 grams coconut flakes
200 grams wheat flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- eggs - 2
- brown sugar - 150 grams
- oil - 100 ml
- carrot - 200 grams finely grated
- walnuts - 50 grams
- pineapple - 75 grams finely chopped
- coconut flakes - 50 grams
- wheat flour - 200 grams
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt, also known as table salt, or rock salt, is a crystalline mineral that is composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl), a chemical compound belonging to the larger class of ionic salts. It is essential for animal life in small quantities, but is harmful to animals and plants in excess. Salt is one of the oldest, most ubiquitous food seasonings and salting is an important method of food preservation. The taste of salt (saltiness) is one of the basic human tastes. Photo by zkruger http://photodune.net/item/salt/1588892
- Whip eggs, add sugar, continue whipping till it gets fluffy then add oil bit by bit.
- Add carrot, pineapple, walnuts and coconut flakes mix gently.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, add cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda, mix well. Add to the dough, mix to combine all ingredients.
- Pour dough into baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven about 1 hour in 150 degrees.